This article has been researched and written by Arelang Naturals® in-house writers.
Welcome to your 30s! It’s added greys, more responsibilities, and a whole lot of stress! As the years go by, you have less and less time and motivation to focus on what foods you put into your body. This inadvertently affects your health, you feel a lack of energy and are often in a bad mood.
Did you know this is you going through your men-o-pause? Yes, Men have it too and it's called Andropause and is characterized by a drop in testosterone levels as men age. Here’s a not-so-fun fact: Testosterone levels in men deplete at a rate of 1% per year after the age of 30. This is a biological phenomenon and it is compounded further by lifestyle influences, increasing the rate to 2-4% - which is rapid!
As we grow older and step into our thirties and forties, we also step into the burden of work and infinite responsibilities. All the stress from work plus the weekend debauchery to “unwind”, really do not help our body recoup from the turmoils of the week - mental and physical. And yet we tend to put our body and our health right at the bottom of the priority list. A low nutrient intake doesn’t just mean that our body lacks vitamins and essential nutrients, the problems manifest in bigger ways. It sets a chain reaction in motion - Low vitamins and nutrients, lower our energy levels, reduce our stamina, and affect our immunity. Not only that, but this is one of the major causes of lowered testosterone levels in a man’s body, which is anyway depleting as we age. This inevitably means a lower libido and a drastically decreased sex drive, which in turn means that your body has no release, leading to a sullen mood and more stress. See what we mean by a chain reaction?
So how to increase libido in men? Are there natural ways to get into the mood? Are there foods that boost libido instantly?
The answer is a BIG YES.
Although aging and the changes your body undergoes are inevitable, what is not inevitable is the rapid decline in hormones. If you are sure that your body is experiencing andropause, then understand it’s an alarm to remind you that your body needs to be replenished with proper nutrients. Along with a change in diets and lifestyle, you need to supplement all the deficiencies in your diet with natural products to keep your body and mind young and active and increase your libido naturally.
Here is the answer to - how to increase libido in men. Some foods that boost your libido instantly, balance your hormones and keep your libido in check:
- Adaptogens: Adaptogens are non-toxic plant compounds that help your body fight stress. These are not fruits or vegetables, but compounds extracted from medicinal herbs and roots. They’ve been used for eons in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine and have made a full comeback today. Adaptogens are revered for their balancing effect on the glands that regulate stress response in the body like the hypothalamic, pituitary, and adrenal glands. They help your body adjust to physical, chemical, or biological stress. They help stimulate your body's stress-protection response and help its systems return to a balanced state called "homeostasis." Foods like Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Ginseng, Gokhru, Flaxseed, Mushrooms, and Holy Basil are natural ways to get in the mood.
- Zinc-Rich Foods: Foods high in zinc are essential foods that boost libido instantly. For example, oysters, poultry, nuts, and certain shellfish are natural testosterone-boosting foods and have high levels of zinc that are responsible for good sperm health and reproductive function in men. A lack or deficiency of zinc can lead to impotence and lowered fertility and sexual wellness. It is important to supplement the lack of zinc with natural plant-based ingredients and products.
- Magnesium-Rich Foods: Certain plants like spinach, chard, and kale help boost testosterone in the body owing to the rich magnesium content in them. They help naturally boost testosterone levels which in turn positively impacts your libido.
- Citrulline-Rich Foods: Watermelons, pumpkins, nuts, chickpeas, and many other foods are rich sources of citrulline that relax your blood vessels and are natural ways to get into the mood.
- Rekindle For Men: You know what they say, eat dessert first, it gets you in the mood! Rekindle For Men from Caim By Arelang chocolates are a nutrient-rich blend of clinically tested and proven natural plant-based ingredients. Just one deliciously decadent cocoa bar, reignites your primal impulses and helps you keep up with your partner’s mood and libido. The nutrient-rich constituents help increase testosterone levels, boost energy and stamina, naturally elevate your mood, and strengthen the immune system to keep your sex life active and pumping. If you are looking for natural ways to get in the mood, these chocolate bites are also adaptogenic in nature and put you in a better mood.