Greenwich Green Time
It’s time to get real! How many of you actually manage to get even a portion of green and leafy vegetables into your body in a day? Hmm, don’t answer that.
Just like drinking a few liters of water every day is so important, it is ever so important to get your dose of greens in each and every day. If you don’t get the dose that you need - at least 1.5 bowls of greens, it might be the biggest mistake you make. Do you know why? Because green plants and vegetables have important phytochemicals that give your body essential nutrients that it requires to keep functioning properly. And literally, nothing else will give you the same nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that these greens can. But to get all the benefits, here’s how much you need to consume:
1½ to 2½ cups per day
2 to 3 cups per day
Now you might instantly go, “Man, why do people keep harping about eating your greens?” But we have an intense answer to this. Green plants and veggies help your body fight:
- Mineral deficiencies like anemia
- Poor eyesight
- Weight troubles
- Signs of aging
- Poor immunity
- Blood clotting
- Folate deficiency
- Weak bones
- Heart diseases and high cholesterol
- Better hair and skin
But why and how are these green powerhouses helping your body? What do they add to it?
- Replenish vitamins: Abundant stores of vitamins and minerals, green veggies give your body vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C, beta-carotene, folate, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and, B6.
- Low on calories: Green veggies are low on calories, so much so that they might be the least caloric foods on your plates.
- High fibre content: Diets high in fibre help fight many ailments like those of the heart along with helping you body detox and regularise bowel movements. Greens are a rich source of fibre
- Rich in macronutrients: Greens aren't just low calories, but also supply some important complex carbs that help your body function better. They also give your body protein and healthy soluble fat.
- Shields your body from diseases: greens, thanks to all of the above, help build and boost overall immunity and fight illness and diseases and slow down the process of aging in your body.
A whole bunch of healthy right? Well, it might be hard to eat the stipulated amount of salads every single day, but imagine 2 deliciously flavored gummies a day that give you all the benefits that we've mentioned above and more? That’s our Replenish with Greens. Check them out here.
Leave a comment