Metabolism Booster Supplements and Why You Need Them
This article has been researched and written by Arelang Naturals® in-house writers.
Humankind has specific deficiency-lead problems that can only be resolved with specific nutrients in quantities that are specific - not more, not less. Synthetic vitamins and minerals in amounts that are not ideal can never be absorbed correctly by the body. They end up doing more harm than good.
There are two types of nutrients we get from foods; macronutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, and fats which are the body’s energy source, and micronutrients like vitamins and minerals which don’t provide calories but are equally important for healthy functioning of the body and are required in small amounts for normal cell growth. The food today gives you your carbs, proteins, and fats, but micronutrients? Not so much. Foods today are no longer the powerhouses they once used to be. For perspective, a tomato used to be the size of the modern-day pumpkin and full of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Tomatoes today are less than half the size, with little to no essential micronutrients.
This is why it has become essential to find immunity and metabolism booster supplements and vitamins for metabolism that give your body a chance to function the way it is meant to.
Metabolism is nothing but the process of your body converting food into energy. This is an important function because even at rest your body needs energy for all it does. Metabolism is dependent on two things. The absorption of nutrients from the food you eat and how active your body is. Without the right amount of nutrients, your body cannot metabolize food and give you the energy to stay active.
There are some essential supplements and vitamins you need to increase your metabolism:
- Spirulina: A type of blue-green algae that has been on this planet for 3.5 billion years and naturally has high levels of Vitamins: A, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 (Folate), B5 (Pantothenic Acid) which are responsible for cellular metabolism, development, and protection. It also has an abundance of minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, phosphorus, and selenium. It also contains the phytochemical phycocyanin, which gives spirulina its blue-green and is a great antioxidant. With all of these benefits and more, it is not just a metabolism booster supplement but is also a complete nutritional supplement.
- Chlorella: Chlorella is a sea alga and is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and trace elements and it also features high concentrations of chlorophyll. It has Carotenoids – beta carotenoid and lutein that are great antioxidants. It is also a great source of calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium. Not only does this supplement boost your immune system but also helps reduce blood pressure, prevents gastric ulcers, and improves overall metabolism.
- Soy Lecithin: Soy lecithin is found in soya beans. It only contains trace levels of soy proteins and hence does not aggravate the allergic reactions that the other soy-allergic consumers may suffer from. It is composed of choline, fatty acids, glycerol, glycolipids, phospholipids, phosphoric acid, and triglycerides and carries a host of health benefits including Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and phospholipids like Choline precursors. Major Source of Choline – Choline is a macronutrient that plays an important role in liver function, muscle movement, metabolism, nerve function, and brain development
- Tomatoes or Lycopene: Lycopene is a naturally occurring plant nutrient and pigment that gives vegetables and fruits their red and pink color. Fruits like tomatoes, watermelons, and grapefruits have rich amounts of Lycopene in them. It belongs to the group of pigments called carotenoids and is a fat-soluble phytonutrient. It is a rich source of antioxidants and helps increase metabolic activity in the body. An easy metabolism booster supplement, tomatoes or lycopene help lower blood pressure and boost metabolism that slows down as we age.
- Replenish Your Greens: When you are on the look out for supplements to increase metabolism your search should end at these delicious Arelang Gummies. Replenish Your Greens, are green gummies made from natural plant-based ingredients like Spirulina, chlorella, red spinach, soy lecithin, ashwagandha, seaweed and more, that give you your nutrients and more that one could get from a massive bowl of green leafy veggies in the form of two yummy gummies. These gummies help with fibroblasts that help promote collagen production and therefore better hair, skin and nails, and also improve your metabolism and digestion, repair cells and tissues, and help you age gracefully.
Metabolism booster supplements made with the right quantities and quality of micronutrients should be an essential part of your daily routines. This is important because your body needs only a “micro” amount of nutrients. Most OTC supplements end up giving your body way more than it needs. This directly affects your liver, because all the excess that cannot be absorbed by your body is stored there. So while picking out your supplements, ensure that you read those labels and only get those that have the right amount of nutrients and vitamins that your body needs and can absorb.
Leave a comment