And The Champion Is...Fight-O-Nutrients!
This article has been researched and written by Arelang Naturals® in-house writers.
All of us have been schooled about the importance of eating our greens! “Eat your greens!” “Why haven’t you eaten the green beans that I’ve served you!”, are phrases that sound familiar. But what is unfamiliar to most of us is the importance of eating the whole spectrum of colours that are available in mother nature.
When you think of plants you instantly visualize all the lush greens. But plants also offer all these other wonderfully coloured pigments that not only give plants their vibrant colours but also help boosting your immunity, and protect the plant from threats in their natural environment. And when we consume these beautiful coloured fruits and vegetables, all these benefits are transferred to us. These coloured pigments, called Phytonutrients, have bio-actives that can give your body important nutrients that just your greens alone cannot.
Phytonutrients, also called phytochemicals, are the chemicals produced by plants and gives them these pigments. A good way to tell if a fruit or vegetable is rich in phytonutrients is by its colour, so look out for the vibrant foods like berries, peppers, tomatoes, beetroots, melons and spices. These foods also are rich in flavour and aroma, making them even more yummier and easier to include in your diets.
Their benefits are as colourful as they are:
- Contain anti-inflammatory and high-antioxidant properties
- Boost immunity
- Improves intercellular communication
- Repair damage to DNAs caused by toxins.
- Detoxify carcinogens
- Promote oestrogen metabolism
There are over 25,000 types of phytonutrients and here are just some of the important ones that you absolutely must include in your diets:
- Carotenoids: yellow, orange and red pigments. Found in sweet potatoes, papaya, watermelon, cantaloupe, mangoes, spinach, kale, tomatoes, bell peppers and oranges, pumpkins, carrots, spinach, kale, tomatoes, and oranges
- Flavonoids are white and yellow and are present in green tea, spirulina, apples, berries, onions, coffee, grapefruits, legumes, ginger, tea, chocolate, red wine, broccoli, cabbage, kale, leeks, tomatoes, lemons, parsley, carrots, and buckwheat.
- Phytoestrogen containing foods like soy, broccoli, oranges, carrots, coffee, legumes
- Resveratrol is associated with grapes, peanuts, pistachios, strawberries, blueberries, dark chocolate, red wine, cocoa, cranberries
- Lignans are considered phytoestrogens and are found in kale, broccoli, apricots and strawberries, whole grains, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, rye, oat bran, and flaxseeds
- Curcumin is present in turmeric and gives it a distinct yellow colour. It helps prevent tumours and cancer of the mouth, stomach, liver, and colon.
- Ellagic acid also known as tannin and is found in raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, cranberries, grapes, pomegranates, and walnuts. It reduces blood pressure, arterial plaque and facilitates glucose metabolism. These properties of ellagic acid help in the removal of carcinogens from the body.
The list might seem overwhelming and you might wonder if you need to eat SO much food. But not really. Our Replenish With Phytos, helps you fight the fury of modern lifestyles and walk into the rainbow of good health. With the potent power of Carotenoids, Flavonoids, Resveratrol, Lignans and Ellagic acids, all rolled into these delicious berry flavoured gummies with a hint of pepper, there simply cannot be a better way to get all the goodness of the fight-o-nutrients into you! Check it out here.