This article has been researched and written by Arelang Naturals® in-house writers.
There is a reason we are told we need to take our multivitamins for immunity, as the human body requires certain nutrients to work in an optimum manner. Consuming the right kind of foods that are packed with immune boosters, can help keep you thriving, but often the body needs that little nudge with those multivitamins to keep nutrient levels in check. Here’s what you need to know.
Studies have consistently shown that when our bodies are equipped substantially with proper nourishment, it is more effective in combating pathogens and other underlying issues. The havoc wreaked in the system by being deprived of nutrients can aggravate a vicious cycle. In the face of potential sickness, the immune system gets triggered causing an increased demand for energy in the body. This energy comes from a nutritious diet and pertinent supplements, without which the body does not have the resources to pull you up to recuperate sooner.
So what kind of multivitamins should one have to prevent diseases and deficiencies? If you ask us, we are not the biggest fans of taking pills, drugs or vitamin supplements from synthetic sources, however when it comes to health, there seems to be an unavoidable trust in them. Without the assistance from the right multivitamin supplement, we have a daily nutritive deficiency that is cumulative in nature. Which means they build up and get worse over time.
Being the greatest advocates of plant based supplementation, we seek most of our answers in nature. Some of the most potent forms of foods contain the best and most bioavailable sources of vitamins, minerals, fruits, and enzymes. Here’s a list to name the essential ones:
- Phycocyanin: A phytonutrient and a protein pigment naturally blue in colour, phycocyanin is extracted from Spirulina. It is 20x more powerful than Vitamin C, which is a vitamin that is highly responsible for providing immunity. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and antioxidant properties. Additionally, it works as a regenerative agent for new cells and acts as an anti-cholesterol, anti-deposits and a detoxifier. Composed of Vitamin B12, which enhances red blood cell production, it substantially aids in improving immunity. Spirulina is available in the market as part of Candyceuticals, powders, teas and more.
- Blueberries: These scrumptious and delightful fruits are also immune boosting superfoods. They are a source of flavonoids, which helps prevent cell damage and augments the immune system. Additionally, they also contain a bunch of vitamins- including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, potassium, fibre and manganese. Fun fact: blueberries have the highest antioxidant content in all the fruits and vegetables! The queen of antioxidants if you may.
- Goji Berries: Native to Asia, the vibrantly red Goji berries are popular for their sweet and sour taste, and have been part of traditional medicinal culture for thousands of years. They are known to slow signs of ageing, maintain eye health, strengthen your liver, kidneys, lungs and overall ward off infection and keep diseases at bay. Over and above, its antioxidants and vitamins help provide immunity, and are added to many supplements and superfoods for this very reason.
- Green Tea: For ages now, green tea has been used as a type of natural medicine because it contains a substance known as catechin responsible for maintaining the immune system. It also accelerates metabolism and aids in cutting excess fat in the body. Its polyphenol content has several benefits as well. These successfully help combat immunity against foreign pathogens and help fight the action of free radicals, while also protecting body tissues from oxidative damage.
- Lycopene: This element is responsible for the red pigment in fruits and vegetables, likein tomatoes, watermelon, grapefruit and so on. It is part of a pigment group called carotenoids. It acts as a powerful antioxidant and helps prevent cell damage. Its biggest benefit is that it protects the body from free radical stress damage, which causes harm to the DNA and leads to chronic diseases in the body. It is widely known to prevent cancer as well.
- Replenish Your Phytos by Arelang Naturals: When these vitamins and minerals combine forces, they help protect and strengthen your immunity. You can find them in these wild forest berry flavoured gummies. Made of natural plant-based extracts, they help reduce oxidative stress and combat diseases by fending off pathogens encountered everyday. They help reboot the overall systems and processes that your body has, by giving it a push to work the way it is meant to. Have a closer look here.
If the immune system works efficiently, it does an extraordinary job of defending the body. But if weak, the same immune system can increase the risk of delayed wound healing, and other infectious ailments and infections.